Saturday 8 December 2007

Travelling the world from my computer screen

Although Provence is a place where we keep in touch with traditions, local food, local wine, and under the local sun - whatever the season, it's also my place of work for the time when I'm there. I'm very grateful that modern technologies enable me to work remotely, both from my team, and my clients. And with mobile phones, computers and the world wide web, I'm never more than an email or phone call or social network away from them.

Who could have thought even 10 years ago that I could be running a programme on managing virtual teams with participants in Argentina, Brazil and Puerto Rico, with my co-facilitator in the UK, and looking out of my Chateau Colombier windows at the mountains around me.

Who says you can't have your cake and eat it?

No comments: